Friday, December 14, 2012

History in the making for same-sex marriage:commentary


In the post http://inanationofwhat.blogspot.com“History in the making for same-sex marriage”, Angela Martinez makes a great point at commenting about why same-sex marriages should have the same rights as heterosexuals.  I thought this commentary was very informative and made good arguments for same sex marriages.  I consider myself spiritual and base my decisions on biblical principles, but regardless of what I believe, I too think that is a personal decision one should make for themselves.  I agree with Angela’s commentary because I don’t think the government should approve or disapprove who we marry based on gender.  She also makes the argument that government shouldn’t deny benefits to a partner of a same-sex marriage.  I couldn’t agree more.  I think that is just wrong.  Why should they or anyone else tell them who can benefit.  That is a prejudice.  I think we all have a right to believe what we choose and that is what makes this country great.  For our government to pick certain ideals and instill laws governing personal, and private matters are not for them to decide.  Like Angela, I think it is fair to have the citizens of the country vote on same-sex marriage, this will be a better indicator of how we feel regarding this matter, as a country.   

No comments:

Post a Comment